Join New Entry, UMass Extension, and MDAR to learn about produce safety and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule. This course will satisfy the FSMA training requirement for farm supervisors.
Participants will learn about produce safety best practices, key parts of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirements, and how these requirements will be enforced in MA through MDAR’s Commonwealth Quality Program (CQP). There will be time for questions and discussion, so participants should come prepared to share their experiences and produce safety questions. Instructors will cover the following seven modules:
• Introduction to Produce Safety
• Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
• Soil Amendments
• Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
• Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
• Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
• How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
For more information, visit the event website: https://ag.umass.edu/vegetable/events/topsfield-produce-safety-alliance-...