If you are at the very beginning of exploring farm business ownership, Explore Farming is for you!
In this workshop you will:
- learn about agriculture in Massachusetts and New England
- learn about the variety of roles in the food system and opportunities to get involved
- hear the perspective from a local farmer about getting started in agriculture
- learn about New Entry Sustainable Farming Project's courses and services
- identify resources you have and resources you'll need for your farm business
- identify next steps to get started
This is a free two hour workshop with presentations and in-class activities designed to help you identify what actions you will need to take towards farm business ownership. This workshop is offered every 4-6 weeks in different locations around northeastern Massachusetts.
Date: February 9, 2019
Place: Essex Technical High School 565 Maple Street Hawthorne, MA 01937
How to Register:
Register on the Essex Technical High School Adult Education Program website.