Applying to the USDA for a Community Food Projects grant can be a challenge, but the benefits to your program and the people you serve can also be extremely valuable. New Entry and our partners are available to help you evaluate your project and provide expert advice on how to submit a high quality proposal that reflects the impactful work you do in your community.
To return to the main Community Food Projects assistance page, click here
One-on-One Technical Assistance for Applicants
To receive one-on-one technical assistance with developing and/or submitting a CFP proposal, fill out our request for assistance form.
Request for Applications
The FY2019 Request for Applications for the Community Food Projects Competitive Grant Program (“CFP”) opened on April 22, 2019. The application deadline is 5pm EST on June 3, 2019. Click here to view the Request for Applications.
- Friday, May 3, 2019 - 1pm EST
- Interested in learning more about the Community Food Projects grant program, or finding out whether your organization is ready to apply? This webinar presents a dialogue with CFP grantees from across the country with diverse projects about their lessons learned and tips for CFP applicants. (This webinar is for those with low to moderate knowledge of CFP.)
- Click here to view this webinar recording.
Our Webinar Topics:
- Overview of using Grants.gov and the application process
- Evaluation for Community Food Projects Applications
- Understanding the Community Food Projects Grant Program for Nevada nonprofits
- Community Food Projects - Planning & Community Engagment Strategies
- Logic Models as a Comprehensive Tool for Attaining Programmatic Success
- Sustaining your Program after Community Food Projects Funding
- Whole Measures for Community Food Projects
Planning Successful Community-Based Food Projects
Originally created by Hugh Joseph and Barbara Rusmore for the Community Food Security Coalition, the updated version of this guide offers concrete advice, definitions, and a road map to planning a successful Community Food Project. Download the guide here.
Community Food Projects Guides
Community Food Projects FY 2019 Grant Writing Guide - A comprehensive guide to serve as a supplement to the RFA.
Planning Grant FY 2019 Guide - A guide specifically for organizations interested in apply for the CFP planning grant.
Electrictronic Submissions Guide and FY2019 Advisory - A guide that walks through the process of submitting grants through Grants.gov