Another raw salad for your experimentation and tweaking.
Carrot Salad with Oregano & Cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped fine
- a rounded 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots (about 8 medium), peeled and shredded fine
In a bowl whisk together oregano, cumin, zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and whisk in oil in a stream until dressing is emulsified. Add carrots and toss to combine well.