- 1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Place the cranberries, pecans, and sugar in the work bowl or a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon into a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat together until very well combined. Fold in the cranberry mixture.
Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat and grease it well with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
Drop the batter by ¼-cup portions onto the hot griddle and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes, until the bottoms are well browned. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Adjust the heat as necessary to make sure the pancakes don't burn. Serve immediately.
Makes 15 hotcakes.
The New England Table, Lora Brody, 2005