Spicy finger food. Home made salsa. If you like it, use it for other recipes too!
Fingerling Potato Salad with Chile-Cilantro Dressing
- 4 lb fingerling potatoes or other small boiling potatoes
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 fresh jalapeño chiles, seeds and ribs removed from 2 of them
- 2 cups fresh cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 1 inch, then simmer until just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. (Potatoes will continue to cook after draining; do not overcook or they will break apart.) Drain potatoes and rinse under cold water until slightly cooled. Halve lengthwise and while still warm gently toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cool potatoes to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper. While potatoes cook, coarsely chop jalapeños and pulse in a food processor with cilantro, shallots, garlic, oil, and remaining 3 tablespoons vinegar until finely chopped. Toss potatoes with salsa. Notes: Cool the potatoes before tossing them with the salsa so the herbs won't discolor. Salsa may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.