Try this as a side dish with an Asian-style fish and rice.
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- a pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Prepare the sauce by mixing together the sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the greens and stir-fry until just tender, but not overcooked. Pour off any excess oil or liquid. Toss the greens with the sauce in a serving bowl. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the greens and serve. We like this dish best stir-fried, but if you wish to reduce your consumption of oil, it may be prepared by cooking the cooking the spinach in ½ cup water until limp, draining it, and then proceeding as above.
New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant