A beautiful recipe featuring the bounty of summer- tomatoes, ripe peppers, and basil!
Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Bell Pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, stemmed and cut in half
- One large bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dried farfalle (or other pasta)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss together the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large roasting pan, spreading them in an even layer. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the pepper pieces are just starting to brown. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain. Combine the roasted vegetables with the pasta and basil; toss to incorporate. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature, with grated cheese if desired.