Interchangeable between chard or kale (or probably any other green leafy thing that you desire).
Pasta with Swiss Chard & Bacon
- 3/4lb linguine (or other pasta)
- 9 oz bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red onion, halved, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large bunches Swiss chard (or kale), stemmed, chopped
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving about ½- ¾ cups pasta cooking liquid. Meanwhile, cook bacon in heavy large pot over medium heat until beginning to crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Drain all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium-high heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add Swiss chard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add pasta cooking liquid to skillet. Toss until chard is wilted and tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle vinegar over; cook 1 minute. Add linguine and oil to sauce in pot and toss to coat. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.