Pasta that begins and ends in a skillet.
Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch collard greens, ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (sub walnuts if you like), toasted
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and pepper flakes until tender, about 1 minute. Add greens and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pine nuts and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt. Meanwhile, cook pasta in well-salted water according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and then drain. Add pasta to skillet, tossing to coat, and add reserved water to adjust consistency. Sprinkle with lemon zest and cheese before serving.