This Spanish dish gets a twist from bell peppers. Eat warm or at room temperature.
Spanish Tortilla with Bell Peppers & Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced inch thick
- 1 bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add potatoes, bell pepper, and onion; season with salt and pepper (skillet will be very full). Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crisp-tender, 14 to 16 minutes. Uncover, and cook off excess liquid, 1 to 2 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, hot sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet, and stir to distribute evenly. With the back of a spatula, press down on vegetables so they lay flat and are submerged.
Bake until tortilla is set, 12 to 16 minutes. To unmold, run a rubber spatula around edge of skillet to release tortilla; invert onto a serving plate. Drizzle tortilla with oil; garnish with parsley.