Steamed Tatsoi and Water Chestnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds bok choy or tatsoi
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
Chop tatsoi into bite-size pieces.
In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the broth, garlic, onion, and orange wedges to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tatsoi and simmer for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the water chestnuts, cilantro, and tamari or soy sauce. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove and discard the orange wedges. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls.
Your Organic Kitchen, Jessie Ziff Cool, 2000