Bright summer salad with creamy avocado.
Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad
- 1 ear corn (husk and silk removed; tip cut off)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (or ¼ spring onion)
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Stand sweet corn in a large wide bowl; with a sharp knife, carefully slice downward to release the kernels. Discard cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, scallions, lime juice, and oil to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.