You can serve this refreshing mixture as a salad, as a topping for whole grains or as a salsa with grilled fish or chicken.
Tomato, Cucumber, and Corn Salad
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut in small dice
- 1 regular cucumber, seeded if the seeds are large, and cut in small dice
- 2 ears corn, steamed for 4 minutes and kernels removed from the cob
- 1 to 2 hot peppers, minced (seeded for a milder salad)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1 ounce feta, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
Mix together all of the ingredients. Let sit in or out of the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving, then toss again.